200 Hour Prana Vinyasa® Teacher Training w/ Maria Garre
Welcome! We are excited to have your interest in our Evolutionary Global Prana Vinyasa® Teacher Studies Program! We invite you to explore this beautiful path of living yoga and please feel free to reach out at any time if you have any questions!
Whether you are seeking to follow the magical path of becoming a yoga teacher or simply to deepening your own personal practice and understanding, this integrated approach to yoga training is suited for all. Prana Vinyasa® is a celebrated, unique program that offers a full-spectrum approach to the art of living and embodying the flow of yoga created by yogini Shiva Rea.
Prana Vinyasa Flow® - Energetic Vinyasa is a full-spectrum approach to embodying the flow of yoga created by Shiva Rea (www.shivarea.com). Students of all levels are empowered to experience prana - the universal source of breath, life-energy and conscious intelligence - as the navigating source of yoga practice and vital living. Experience innovative approaches to vinyasa yoga and the state of flow within the rhythm of class.
Ridgway Yoga Shala's Prana Flow® 200-hour certification program allows Yoga students to not only delve deeper into the spirit of living and experiencing the many layers of Yoga, but also understand the foundational teachings of Prana Flow Yoga.
Learn to embody and evolve your teaching and practice through each layer of roots and elemental Prana Vinyasa Flow. From movement alchemy to inner arts meditation, our comprehensive certification program merges all pathways of Yoga. Develop a body of integrated knowledge through your studies to empower and broaden your approach and understanding of Vinyasa-based Yoga.
- 10+ Prana Vinyasa sequences for teaching, self-integration, and study
- Access to Yoga Alchemy online certification portal of programs with documented sequences, full color e-books, meditations, and audio
- Sequencing methodology integrating energetic anatomy alongside physical anatomy for intelligent class design
- Transform your teaching and deepen your understanding and experience of the elements in nature, within the body and Ayurveda
- Learn the art and arc of Prana Vinyasa Flow sequencing, teaching alignment in the flow, and three-part vinyasa methodology
- The complete mandala of asanas that teaches how to see unique relationships within asana for energetic and physical inner transformation
- The effect of solar versus lunar energy to guide class instructions as well as to inform how to live in flow with nature
- Join a global community of teachers through online discussion groups, monthly calls with Shiva Rea and more!
GENERAL AREAS OF STUDY
- ANATOMY and ALIGNMENT of advanced asanas, hands-on and teaching in the flow
- SEQUENCING PRINCIPLES: learn the arc of class design from opening to closing. Understand the art of wave sequencing, krama (stages) of a sequence and asana to sequence intelligently through prana and body
- MANDALA OF ASANA understand an integrated evolution of asana.
- ENERGETIC ALIGNMENT: weave the Chakra system, Kosha model and Pancha Vayu movements into class design, cueing and sequencing
- SACRED TEXT + PHILOSOPHY STUDY: Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita guide the vedic wisdom of the teaching for living yoga
ROOTS PRANA VINYASA
- Cultivating the flow of prana through asana, pranayama, drishti, and bandhas
- Principles and practice of creative and effective sequencing (beginning and intermediate flows)
- Ritual arc of class and structure: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-posing and closing.
- Navigating flow-movement meditations, observation skills, hands-on adjustments, props, verbal cues, music, and other tools.
PHYSICAL AND ENERGETIC ANATOMY FOR ALIGNMENT
- Identify anatomical landmarks, muscle groups, holding patters, blockages, internal holding of body relevant to yoga asanas.
- Learn and experience body structure/energetics, alignment/action, intelligence/intuition of asanas
- Discussion of physical and subtle layers of body: koshas, chakras, nadis.
PHILOSOPHY AND THEORY FOR LIVING YOGA
- Philosophical and historical roots of vinyasa yoga
- Discussion, application, and response to classical yogic texts: Baghavad-Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Learn basic Sanskrit asanas and basic Sanskrit terminology
AYURVEDA FOR YOGA TEACHERS
- Integrate and apply the practical tools from Ayurveda that support holistic living of Yoga in a way that is accessible and applicable to your individual life rhythm
- Learn basic Ayurvedic theory (elements, doshas and gunas)
- Ayurvedic lifestyle: dinacharya, the art of daily routine
Maria E Garre, M.Ed, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
Ayurvedic Health Practitioner | Prana Flow® Yoga | Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist
Maria Garre was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and grew up in Frederick, MD, where she completed her undergraduate studies at Hood College in Biology and Eastern Philosophy. After college, Maria continued her education at Hood by completing the graduate program in Biomedical Sciences in addition to working as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor with ACE and AFAA certification.
Her passion for fitness led her to purchase the Frederick Fitness Center which she owned and managed for five years. During this time she was introduced to both Yoga and Pilates and began a formal teacher-training program with Janine Galati in both disciplines at Alternative Health and Fitness in Philadelphia. She studied full time for two years in Yoga and Pilates and then pursued a Masters Degree in Education at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia.
Maria has been studying with Shiva Rea since 2000 which led her to coordinate Shiva’s International Yoga Teacher Training Program and served as the Prana Flow Affiliate Certification Coordinator for five years. She has been involved in health, Yoga and Pilates instruction for over 15 years. In addition to offering teacher training, workshops and retreats world-wide, Maria has completed programs at both the Kripalu School of Ayurveda and the world-renowned Ayurvedic Institute with Dr. Vasant Lad. She has written several articles for local and international publications, including Yoga Journal, Simple Living and Ayurveda Today and has been a featured presenter at Vancouver and Toronto Yoga Conferences.
Maria is dedicated to a life-long study, practice and teaching of both Yoga and Ayurveda. Celebrating over 20 years of study in Medical and Biological Sciences, Philosophy, Ayurveda and Yoga, Maria’s teachings offer a grounded yet transformative approach to living, being, and embodying Yoga. Blending the knowledge she has gathered from her studies with her yearly trips to India, she leads dynamic, liberating classes and trainings that embody the alchemy of all these disciplines and teachings.
She founded the New Mexico School of Yoga where she leads 200-Hour and 300-Hour Yoga Programs specializing in Hatha Yoga, Ayurvedic Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga. Maria also serves as teaching staff for Samudra School of Living Yoga Prana Flow certification programs worldwide.
Maria is a member of Yoga Alliance (YA), National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA), and the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), and Serves on the NAMA Standards Committee for Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Accreditation.